A surplus of CSA share organic carrots inspired me to try a recipe from Bryanna's newest cookbook, World Vegan Feast. Besides being tasty and a whiz to prepare, her Glazed Moroccan Carrot Salad [see below for recipe] also happens to be gluten-free.
Here's your chance to win a copy of World Vegan Feast. Simply leave a comment with your favorite food from a country other than your own. Bryanna and I will choose a winner in the next few days. In the meantime, do try the salad. You won't be sorry.
Glazed Moroccan Carrot Salad from World Vegan Feast
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Juice of 1 large lemon [about 5 T]
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp fresh-ground pepper
- Garnish: 4-6 strips of Moroccan Preserved Lemon
or long shreds of organic lemon zest
2. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the remaining ingredients and then toss with the carrots. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with the preserved lemon peel or zest. Serve at room temperature.