Monday, October 13, 2014

just another mani monday

Purchased by me. Nothing to disclose.



I have a few obsessions like plant-based cooking, running and traveling. Nail polish is another. Don't judge! It's fun, defies age, encourages self expression, plus my vast collection takes up less than a shoe obsession would. I especially support indie and vegan nail polish brands, though I have been known to rock a drugstore vegan brand on occasion.

Here are a just few quick swatches of some vegan nail polishes from my collection with review notes. Pictured above is 2 coats of MILF by Illamasqua – a honeydew, green-yellow creme. Okay, so purchased it only because I loved the snarky name but this ended up being one of my favorite nail polishes of all time. Illamasqua polishes from the UK are high-end for sure, but they are butter [er....Earth Balance] smooth, highly pigmented and long-lasting. Sadly, they are no longer available at Sephora, but if you need a fix, look here. I've heard rumors that a US site is in the works.



Trustafarian by Butter London is a celery-green holographic polish. Shown with three coats. Butter London is pricey but you get what you pay for. Fabulous quality. Excellent wear.

If you don't want to break the bank on nail polish, try Jesse's Girl, which you can find at your local RiteAid for under $5. Shown, one coat of Jessie's Girl "Confetti" topcoat shown over black polish. It's very sheer on its own, which I don't recommend [see here] but layering it over black, dark purple or navy blue really brings this cheap-and-cheerful girl to life.

Which are your favorite vegan nail polish brands/colors? Any review requests?



Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love nail polish too! That Butter London is such a pretty colour and I loooove the Llamasqua one too.