Monday, February 17, 2014

running broad street run 10-miler for charity

Me, aka Sweaty Betty, at the end of last year's Rock and Roll Half-Marathon. Finished in 1:41:24, okay for an old lady.
The Broad Street Run is a 10-mile race here in Philadelphia that has grown wildly popular. I ran it the past three years. [Finished last year in 1:16:06.] In 2012 upwards of 40,000 runners registered, making the race crowded to an almost dangerous degree, so in 2013, the officials instilled a lottery system. I got in last year, but this year, I didn't "win" the lottery :( Lottery, schmottery. In the spirit of making lemonade from lemons, I signed up for a charity bib. Might as well do some good while doing what you love, right?

My goal is to raise $500 for the Fairmount Park Conservancy. I train year-round in gorgeous Fairmount Park, the US's largest urban park system – it's a veritable oasis in the concrete jungle, with miles of trails, several museums and home to much wildlife. 

Can you please make a tax-deductible donation? No amount is too small. Thank you! 
To donate, please visit my fundraising page here.


Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh I am so jealous you get to run this!!! I really want to, and hear so much about it! But it is the championship day of our season so I cant be there! You will have to enjoy it for me too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.