The bad news: I'm going to make you wait another day or two until I announce the winners of my contest.The good news: There's still time to enter. [Wink, wink!]
|If Kermit the Frig were a vegetable, he would be romanesco.|
|Orchiette, or "little ears" are the perfect cups to scoop up this creamy sauce.|
Many of you have been asking for kitty updates, so here's the latest. The Three Stooges are all fine. Bossa Nova still sleeps on the job. She's getting sweeter – to me, at least. She still swats at Buttons and hisses at Pablo.
Pasta with Creamy Romanesco
- 2 heads romanesco, chopped and steamed
- 1 T olive oil
- Anywhere from a dash to 1 tsp paprika
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups bite-sized pasta [eg, orchiette, penne, farfalle, rotini]
- Salt, to taste
- Start cooking the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan and add paprika to taste [I use the whole teaspoon!]. Add garlic and saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add the milk and whisk in the nutritional yeast. Stir in the steamed romanesco and cook until warmed through and thick-ish, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and gently toss with the sauce. Add salt to taste.