|I think Frida would approve of raw chia pudding|
What is my personality? Curious, loud and opinionated. Drawn to colorful people, places, clothes and flavors. That said, although the quiet flavor of basic chia pudding pleased me, my personality itched to impart the base with "louder" flavors, like chocolate and cinnamon. And so, another recipe was born. Take it where you will...
Mexican-Chocolate Raw Chia Pudding
- 1 T agave nectar, or to taste
- 1 T raw cacao powder [or cocoa, if you're not aiming for 100% raw]
- 1 cup raw almond milk [any nut milk will do]
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean [or 1 tsp vanilla extract, if you're not aiming for 100% raw]
- 2 T chia seeds, white or black
- Pinch salt
- Coconut meat slice, cacao powder or fresh fruit [eg, raspberries or thin orange slices] for garnish
Whisk agave nectar and cocoa powder together in a medium bowl.
Whisk in almond milk and vanilla, then add the chia seeds. Whisk until blended and the seeds are separated.
Taste. Adjust seasonings and sweetness. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Spoon into bowls and top with your garnish of choice